I think every year I love the kids' Halloween costumes even more than the year before. This year they got to choose whatever they wanted to be. Andrew has been planing for months, and coming up with a different costume idea it seemed like every week! He was finally closing in on Captain America. And Emily was pretty set on Minnie Mouse. Then a co-worker gave me a Buzz Lightyear toy a few weeks ago and Andrew decided he HAD to be Buzz. Emily decided that if he was Buzz she would be Jessie, also from Toy Story. I was really excited that they had picked coordinating costumes :) Then when we were at the store buying fabric so I could sew a Jessie costume Andrew said "you know mom, I think I want to be Woody" and I told him "I think that is a really GREAT idea" (partly because I knew Woody and Jessie costumes would be adorable, but mostly because I liked the idea of sewing a Woody costume much more than a Buzz costume...Andrew was wanting wings that popped out and a face shield that opened and closed...I can sew kid, I am not an engineer!)
So Woody and Jessie it is! And Kenneth and I are going as Buzz and Mrs. Potato head (I really only have the figure for a potato costume this year!)
No comments:
Post a Comment