Thursday, March 19, 2015

The time I botched his hair...then shaved his head!

A long time ago I used to cut Andrew's hair.  We took him to a salon for his first haircut around his first birthday.  Every hair cut after that I did for about a year and a half.  Then he decided that I couldn't cut his hair anymore, he said I "cut ears"...I have never once cut his ear!  So for the past year or so Andrew has been going to get his hair cut with his dad.

Then a few days ago he came to me and said he needed a hair cut and he wanted me to do it.  We set up in the garage, as soon as I started cutting he started screaming. And not just a little fussing, I mean screaming like I was beating him, I was a bit surprised none of the neighbors called the law.  And he wiggled too.  I should have just aborted the mission, but I persevered and he ended up with a pretty terrible hair cut.  The funny thing though, when it was all over, after all that screaming, he turned to me and said "that wasn't so bad mom!"  Ha yeah right!

Well, we lived with the terrible hair cut for a bit, but then I just couldn't take it anymore and buzzed all his hair off!  Andrew LOVES his buzz cut so I guess that is all that matters, and turns out he really likes having his hair cut with clippers. The new do was a big hit at preschool today too.  His dad hates the cut.  It is growing on me, he does have a nice big and perfectly round head for it! And the way this kid sweats, I bet it feels good to have no hair on his head!  I do miss his hair, but it is only hair and it will be back in a few short weeks!














No comments:

Post a Comment